Saturday, June 15, 2013

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22...


 Okay Okay, I know. The title is very cliché and everyone does it when they turn 22 now. But it's fun and I love it. I tuned 22 yesterday! Yay! First thing you need to know about me is that I LOVE birthdays. All of them, mostly because I love any excuse to eat some cake, but I especially love mine.

 My mother has always, always made a huge deal out of my siblings and my birthdays. She would blow up balloons in the middle of the night and sneak in to our rooms so we would wake up surrounded by them. Then she would always make pancakes. She would make the pancakes into the shape of the number we were turning that day and it is seriously one of my favorite things about my day! She would make us our favorite meal and our favorite dessert and the day would just be all about me. Every birthday party I had as a kid was always well thought out and executed to perfection by my incredible mother and I was never ever disappointed on a birthday, ever. The only day I was disappointed was when I finally figured out (at an embarrassing age) that the flags that were put out on June 14th were in honor of Flag Day and not for my birthday. Thanks family. Despite the obvious deception from them I still always wear red white and blue.

When I went to school I was worried I would miss out on all of that but then I met Jerica and our birthdays are a week apart and it was always an extravaganza! So, coming to Ukraine I knew it would be fun but I thought I would really miss out on that. Nope. My amazing roommates sensed that I love birthdays and made my day great! So, yesterday I woke up to the best breakfast, crepes. And there it was. A crepe in the shape of a 22! I danced to 22 by Taylor Swift an embarrassing number of times. We ate pizza and they surprised me with a cake. Not to mention all my friends and family made my day even better with all the love and weird videos they sent. Great birthday. Great friends. Great life.








No comments:

Post a Comment