Monday, July 29, 2013

Tender Mercy


Sometimes after a really hard few days you need a little something to know you can get through. Today after going all the way to work in Ukraine in the hottest time of the day, sitting on a bus creating an embarrassing amount of back sweat, I was told that I had no work today and someone must have forgot to tell me. I wanted to scream and yell and have a tantrum but I promised myself to be extra positive today. I said it was fine and hurried out the door. On my way back home I tried to stay positive. Getting off the metro I always see the flower guy and he usually always has sunflowers. The past few times he hasn't but today he had one left. I stopped and looked at it for a minute and after struggling to communicate he picked it up, pushed my wallet away and with the most sincere smile, gave it to me. I literally almost cried. After the weekend and day I had, I needed something. I got my favorite flower which may seem silly or not a big deal to most but boy, did I need it. Tender mercies people. Tender mercies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment