Friday, July 12, 2013

Burnt Cheeks, Sandy Toes and Gyros..


Well, I am finally writing about my Greece adventure. I haven't written because I think I couldn't fully grasp the reality that I went to Greece. It's been a couple weeks now so I think it was real and not just a dream...

So Greece. I have wanted to go there for so long. I mean it's a vacation surrounded by sitting on the beach all day and eating gyros... What more could you want out of a vacation? I mean really!

After a brutal 40 hour trek to get to this magical place, we got to our hotel at 11:00 pm on Sunday. We were tired, a bit grumpy but our stomachs over-ruled any other emotion so we set out for some food. The little town we got to stay in all week was so perfect. So many people and shops and places to eat, open pretty much all day and all night. The first place we saw with nourishment was a gyro stand. We ordered, we devoured. Just sitting there eating a gyro, in Greece, with people all around and music playing in the distance and the beach in sight... It was perfection. 

We went to Athens during the week which was incredible. Seeing all the history of Acropolis and standing there where so many have stood before was incredible. Other than that we sat on the beach the majority of the day, stuffed ourselves with gyros until we literally couldn't eat anymore (doesn't apply to Kimberly... that girl has an elastic stomach), made friends with the sweetest couple who sold us treats and ice cream and became our fake parents for the week. Got stung by jellyfish.. actually these weren't that bad compared to the ones in Hawaii. Ugh I don't want to think about that. Got a hair piece done on the beach by a guy named Chicki Chicki and we all got a henna too. Was offered a chance to live with a lady and her two sons so I could stay in Greece forever (Seriously contemplated this offer). I bought a floppy hat and some jellies so really what more can a girl ask for?









No comments:

Post a Comment